Hohenstein Lodge - Namibia
Are you a business owner in Namibia?
Promote your business 365 days a year with the #1 Guide to Namibia.
- Gain MAXIMUM EXPOSURE with a 'Dedicated Business Profile'
Directions to Hohenstein Lodge
Hohenstein Lodge is located on the bottom of the highest peak of the Erongo mountains. In the evening, spectacular sunsets bathe the mountain in fantastic red light. The view over the vast landscape extends as far as the Spitzkoppe peak, protruding as a prominent relief from the plain. The lodge is the perfect starting point for exciting outings at the Hohenstein and for day-trips to the Spitzkoppe or the neighbouring Ameib farm.
D1935 - 25 km north of Usakos
- Windhoek 240 km
- Swakopmund 160 km
- Spitzkoppe 60 km
Airstrip: Dawib Ost
Coordinates: 21°46‘28.3“S 15°30‘55.3“E
6 Chalets with 14 double rooms including Family Suites: 2 (2 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms)
Accessible to disabled people: 2
Tour guide rooms: 1
All rooms offer:
- Mosquito nets
- Private shaded terraces and panoramic view to the Hohenstein
- Tea and coffee facilities
A two-day adventure package can be exclusively booked through Hohenstein Lodge. One overnight stay at Hohenstein Lodge, one night in the new Etemba Wilderness Camp, including guided hikes and meals. For „Absolute Erongo“: tent camp at Etemba farm. 10 furnished tents with 20 beds and sanitary facilities.
- Hiking and climbing on the giant granite rocks in „BoulderForest“
- Relaxed exploring of the farm roads and paths with two fat bikes, off -road bicycles
- Guided half-day hikes to the mineral miners at the Hohenstein digging for tourmalines, aquamarines and other minerals on the steep slopes
- Hikes or walks on well-maintained trails on the farm grounds,through dry river beds and past ancient camel thorn trees
- Bird watching
- Scenic drives through the most beautiful areas of 8,000 ha farm grounds
- Starting point for half-day trips to Spitzkoppe or Ameib farm with the national monuments „Bulls Party“ or „Philipps Cave“ on your own
FACILITIES & SERVICES
- Credit card facilities
- Free WiFi
- Main unit with restaurant, bar and terrace
- Swimming pool with sun deck and shaded areas
- Barrier-free and paved walkways
- Signposted hiking trails
- Bird watching place
- Landing strip on farm grounds
- Mobile phone connectivity
- Souvenirs sale
- Laundry service
- Hot water production and power generation with solar energy
- Restaurant and two rooms barrier free
You may also like
Atlantic Villa Boutique GuesthouseSwakopmund, Swakopmund
Swakopmund is a holiday destination that offers something for everyone, be it leisure seekers, adventurers or families. Many visitors, local and international alike, are ...
Goanikontes Oasis Rest CampSwakopmund, Swakopmund
Goanikontes Oasis Rest Camp is situated only 35 kilometres from Swakopmund. Whether visitors are taking the famous Welwitschia Tour or exploring the Moon Landscape in the Namib Naukluft and Dorob National Parks, it is the perfect stopover for a slice of homemade cake or for taking a quick hike in the almost surreal landscape.
Avani Windhoek Hotel & CasinoWindhoek, Windhoek
Most trips to Namibia often start off in Windhoek, the cosmopolitan heart of the country. Opt for style and elegance at Avani Windhoek Hotel and Casino before embark...
Beach Lodge SwakopmundSwakopmund, Swakopmund
Our name says it all. The fresh sea breeze and the soothing sounds of the Atlantic Ocean at night turn any traveller’s journey into a dream vacation.......
Waterberg Guest FarmWaterberg Plateau, Otjiwarongo
Waterberg Guest Farm with host Harry Schneider-Waterberg is your destination for rest and relaxation.
A substantial part of the famous Waterberg is situated on the ranch with accommodation facilities built on the slope of the Small Waterberg.
Moon Mountain LodgeSossusvlei, Solitaire
Moon Mountain Lodge offers luxury tented accommodation in the Namib Desert close to the world renowned Sossusvlei and Sesriem canyon.
Hillside Executive Self Catering Apartments & HotelWindhoek, Windhoek
Hillside offers safe, comfortable and executive self-catering apartments and a Hotel that are ideally located in Windhoek at some of the most competitive rates in Namibia
Meerkat GuesthouseSwakopmund, Swakopmund
Meerkat Guesthouse in Swakopmudn Namibia welcomes it guests warm heartedly and offers comfortable and cozy accommodation, close to town centre and you can enjoy a scrumptious breakfast in the mornings.
Hobatere LodgeEtosha, Kamanjab
Privileged access to the Damaraland! This is what Hobatere Lodge can give to you. flying in or driving in, you will receive a friendly, warm welcome from the staff out of...