Kayaking at Bird Rock
Paddle for about an hour in the calm water of the bays. Enjoy wonderful bird life, seals and the occasional dolphin.
- Learn about the interesting history of Bird Rock
- Enjoy the bird life while paddling on calm waters
- Search for seals and dolphins
- Enjoy active fun for the entire family
DescriptionLaunch near the historic landmark known as Bird Rock and paddle for about an hour in calm waters sheltered by the bay. Enjoy the wonderful bird life, see seals playing and dolphins swimming. See pelicans, cormorants and flamingos. Paddle for about 1 hour before enjoying some hot beverages on the beach. The brand new Fluid Synergy kayaks can be paddled solo or as a double and can accommodate a small child together with parents for fun for the whole family. Bird Rock is also known as Guano Island. Learn about one man's entrepreneurial drive to build a man-made island to harvest its “white gold.” By about 12:30 PM you’ll be back in Swakopmund to get ready for your afternoon activity.
IncludesHotel pickup and drop-off Life jackets Waterproof clothing Double-seater kayaks Water, coffee, tea and hot chocolate
- This tour is not recommended for people with limited mobility
- The operator has the right to cancel the tour if there are any safety concerns, the guide may even take this decision once the group is on the beach • Local provider can offer life jackets in various sizes, water-proof pants and jackets
- It is recommended to bring along a set of dry clothes, there's a changing room for your convenience
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
Book an Experience
Reserve your experience nowCheck Availability