Walvis Bay Shore Excursion: Flamingos, Dune 7, Swakopmund
Marvel at flamingos, climb Dune 7, and discover the Welwitschia plant on this shore excursion in Walvis Bay. Admire the lunar landscape of the Welwitschia Plains, and enjoy time to explore downtown Swakopmund at your own pace.
- See thousands of flamingos in their natural habitat
- Marvel at the vast landscape that resembles the Moon
- Explore the old town of Swakopmund
- Enjoy convenient pickup and drop-off at Walvis Bay Port
DescriptionYou'll be met at your cruise ship in the port of Walvis Bay. After a quick briefing, head over to the lagoon to view all the flamingos. From there, have the chance to climb Dune 7, the highest dune in the vicinity at 132 meters (433 feet) tall. Enjoy a drink of water and then move on to see the Welwitschia Mirabilis plant, an endemic living fossil. Stop to admire the lunar landscape of the Welwitschia Plains before spending lunchtime at Goanikontes Oasis (lunch at your own expense). After lunch, you'll be taken to the old German town of Swakopmund. Explore the town at your own pace and do some shopping. Finally, make your way back to your cruise ship via the coastal road.
IncludesWalvis Bay Port pickup and drop-off Park entry permits Bottled water Lunch, snacks, and other drinks Gratuities
- Toilets are only available at the lunch stop and in Swakopmund
- The local partner will wait for all guests to clear immigration before starting the tour
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
Book an Experience
Reserve your experience nowCheck Availability