Save Desert Elephants Day (Art Show)
SwakopmundSat Jul 28th 2018 at 08:30 until 14:00
Namibia, Unit 6 Eastern Concepts, 5 Einstein Street, Swakopmund, Swakopmund https://www.myguidenamibia.com/events/save-desert-elephants-day-art-show VISIT WEBSITE
FUNDRAISING ART SHOW
@ Two Beards and a Saint + Eastern Concepts
Entry is FREE.
On Saturday, the 28.07.2018, EHRA exhibits their collection of selected photographs and art work specifically highlighting the desert-adapted elephants of Namibia.
- The proceeds of sold art and photography will go towards EHRA‘s elephant education programme, The PEACE Project!
What else to expect: Special CRAFT MARKET for the day;
- Two Beards & a Saint's Special of the day: Game & Bacon Burgers
- BRAAI - Gourmet Boerewors rolls and Sosaties
- Product Tastings with Namib Dunes Craft Beer, Stillhouse Atlantic Craft Gin and high quality hand crafted cheese
- LIVE Music - Enjoy the day with our local talented Pluvious
- Natura Africa - natural beard oils, soaps and cosmetics
- Two Beards Coffee - specialty artisan roasted coffee available
-Afritree - locally grown fresh market
Elephant-Human Relations Aid (EHRA) is a Namibian registered NGO that has been working to conserve the endangered desert elephants in Namibia since 2001. EHRA helps local communities to live more peacefully with the elephants in their area by reducing conflicts over water and other natural resources. EHRA's environmental education project, the PEACE Project hosts workshops and training to teach people how to better understand elephants and how to keep themselves and their homesteads safe during elephant visits.
Check out EHRA's PEACE Project here