King of the Court 2017
DTS Beach ArenaSun Aug 13th 2017 at 08:00 until 18:00
Namibia, Sean McBride Street, WindhoekNamibia https://www.myguidenamibia.com/events/king-of-the-court-2017 VISIT WEBSITE
I am pleased to present the Timeout King of the Court 2017 tournament as an additional event on the Timeout Beach Series 2017 and the fourth event of the year. It will be hosted at DTS Beach Arena, Windhoek on Sunday 13th August 2017
King of the Court Format
This is a brand-new tournament format for Namibia!
We will only use one court for the whole tournament. Each category will play one after the other on the same court.
• A category (e.g. 2-a-side Ladies) will have a limited / maximum of 5 teams.
• The teams will play three timed rounds.
• The teams with the lowest points in the first and second rounds will be eliminated and the FINAL round will decide the podium positions among the last 3 teams in the category.
• There’s a winner’s side of the court and a challenger’s side of the court.
• Service always comes from the challenger’s side.
• The two teams play just one point, the team that wins the point goes to the winner’s side or stays on the winner’s side.
• The losing team goes to the back of the service queue and the next team challenges the winner’s side.
• To win a team point you must get to the winner’s side first and then win a point on the winner’s side.
1st round – 20 minutes (team with lowest points is eliminated)
2nd round – 15 minutes (team with lowest points is eliminated)
FINAL round – 15 minutes (last three teams to decide podium places)
Categories – (Limited to 5 teams per category, but you can enter multiple categories)
1. 2-a-side Men
2. 2-a-side Ladies
3. 2-a-side Social
4. 2-a-side Youth Mixed (U18)
5. 2-a-side Experienced Mixed
6. 2-a-side Social Mixed
7. 4-a-side Youth Mixed (U18, 2 male & 2 females, no substitutes)
8. 4-a-side Social Mixed (2 male & 2 females, no substitutes)
9. 4-a-side Experienced Mixed (2 male & 2 females, no substitutes)
We will also hold a standard Social Mixed 4-a-side competition which will run throughout the day alongside the King of the Court tournament.
• 4-a-side Social Mixed (1 woman on court at all times, social teams only) – N$200 per team.
Each category has a 5-team limit, so entries are on a first come, first served basis.
All team entries need to be paid for in advance to secure your team place, as we have limited spaces.
Please see the attached application form to register your team entry for this event. The team entry cost N$100 per 2-a-side team and N$200 per 4-a-side team. Email, WhatsApp or give me your team entry ASAP, deadline for entries is Thursday 10th August 2017.
Email applications to: email@example.com
WhatsApp to: 081 4554571
The top three teams in each of the 9 King of the Court category will receive medals only.
The standard Social Mixed 4-a-side competition running alongside the King of the Court will have prize money only.
The Standard 4-a-side Social Mixed split is:
1st - N$ 800
2nd - N$ 600
3rd - N$ 400
When do the teams in my category need to be at DTS Beach Arena?
Category Registering Arrive Game Starting Time
Mixed Social 7.30am 8.00am
Mixed Experienced 8.30am 9.00am
Youth 9.30am 10.00am
Social 10.30am 11.00am
Mixed Experienced 11.30am 12.00am
Mixed Youth 12.30pm 1.00pm
Mixed Social 1.30pm 2.00pm
Ladies 2.30pm 3.00pm
Men’s 3.30pm 4.00pm
The standard 4-a-side Mixed Social competition (one women on court at all times, social teams only) will start at 9.00am straight after the 4-a-side Mixed Social King of the Court competition has finished. Teams are welcome to enter both competitions.
Food & Drinks
There will be food & drink available throughout the day at the DTS Beach Volleyball Containers. Morning brotchen, tea, coffee, hot lunch options, cake and coffee in the afternoon, cool drink throughout the day and alcohol available from 10am.
Hot Sand & Cold Sand!
Please remember that due to the water shortage we have in Namibia, we are not allowed to water the courts to cool the sand. So please prepare yourself and bring a couple of pairs of socks with you to protect your feet.
You could also purchase a pair of REEF Sand Socks from OTB Sports for under N$200 a pair which are a perfect barrier from the heat or cold and stop sand getting inside your socks. Visit either; The Grove, Old Brewery or the Wernhill stores.
Remaining Timeout Beach Volleyball Series 2017 dates are:
1. #RedBullNamibia King& Queen of the Beach - 16th September, DTS Beach Arena, Windhoek
2. Fabupharm Swakop Masters - 4th & 5th November, Mole Beach, Swakopmund
3. Namib Rage Events Beach Bash Volleyball - 22nd December, Long Beach, Walvis Bay
Looking forward to seeing you on the sand in at DTS very soon :-)
Please don't hesitate to ask any questions you may have.