My Guide Website?
!Uris Safari Lodge
!Uris Safari Lodge is located 20 kilometres west of the town of Tsumeb - a legacy of being a mineral fascination.
Surrounded by the ancient Lake Otjikoto and the famous wildlife conservation area, Etosha National Park, !Uris Safari Lodge also attracts tourists en-route to the Kunene-, Kaokoland and Southern Angola.
For visitors with an interest in gemstones and minerals !Uris Safari Lodge borders a number of historic German and Artesian mines namely Alt Bobos, Karavatu, Omeg II and Uris.
They resemble trails 'in the footsteps of the diggers' who, over one hundred and twenty years ago spent their days in the relentless Namibian sunshine exploring the possibilities of mining precious minerals to satisfy the needs of Europe.
As one drives through this raw and unspoiled land one can see the remains of stripped mine headgear and other remnants relating to the old mining operations on lime rock and dolomite formations, established in days gone by. Modern day Bushmen will greet you from their homes, inquisitive of intruders in their quiet lives.
Accommodation Available at the Lodge:
We accommodate a maximum of 42 guests in 14 rooms consisting of seven semi-detached chalets
- Seven En-Suite Family Rooms
- Fourteen En-Suite Double Rooms
- Mosquito nets
- Hair dryer
- Electric kettle
- Digital safe
- Telephone facilities
Electric appliances all run on 220/240 volts.
Facilities available at the Lodge:
- Our state of the art air-conditioned conference room can seat up to eighty delegates, theatre style seating, fully equipped with all the standard conference facilities.
- The function hall can be utilized for functions or as an interdenominational chapel.
Activities Available at the Lodge:
- Sightseeing Trips to Tsumeb and the Etosha National Park can be arranged.
- Geological tours are also done on request.
- Tsumeb Museum & Mining tours can be booked.
Fauna & Flora
- Birdwatching is a !Uris hallmark.
- Enable you to view warthog, jackal, baboon and getting closer to wonderful examples of Namibia's exquisite treesI
- Golf course, complete with driving range and clubhouse.
- Shooting range operated by the German shooting club, Schutzenverein.
- Skydiving at the Tsumeb Flying Club can be arranged by appointment.
!Uris Safari Lodge, Off B1, Etosha, 9000View Larger Map
Best For Whom
- Families With Teenagers
- Mature Travellers
Best For What
- Off The Beaten Path